Monday, March 10, 2008

BRIO GIRL 2005 TOP 8 FINALIST



I entered this competition way back when I was still a young teen girl, aged 15. This was my first attempt at trying any kind of writing. I was chosen out of 940 girls from all over the world, to be part of the TOP 20 group. I can still remember how incredible I felt, like I had won the Pulitzer Prize or even an Oscar. This was big news for me. Really big news. I couldn't stop singing "I Feel Pretty" from the movie "West Side Story". I was literally jumping up and down, so uncontainable was my heart! Good memories.A few months later they contacted me again. I had made the TOP 8!!! It was so surreal. I was asked to fill out another questionniare form, and also make a video introducing my family, a friend, tell a joke, tell more of myself.

If you would like to read my BRIO package, send me an email at fourie_vicki@hotmail.com with ‘brio girl 2005 package’ in the subject line. I will send it to you then.

Vicki

2 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Hi Vicki! I saw you commented on my blog. Thnaks for stopping by. You are much braver and accomplished than I in this craft: I'm not even published yet but I am working on it. I'm going to a conference at the end of the week so I am hoping for some opportunity there as well as some inspiration. Check back and I will post on how it went! =)

Vicki Fourie said...

I hope it goes well at the conference! Good luck, and God bless you. These kinds of conferences are always a good experience. It's wonderful to come together as writers and just learn from each other. What kind of conference are you going to?

Thank you for saying I'm brave. I don't feel brave at all! I'm busy with a book now, and I'm convinced it's the worst garbage ever! But I will not procrastinate, I will push throuh it.

The same goes for you. Do not give up!!! Write from the heart, write what you need to read.

Vicki