Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Vision Magazine News



I just received this email now:

"Hi There,
...well, you all have creative licence to write as the spirit leads, around the theme of, ‘gardens and kitchens’. This sure is a challenge but I am certainly you are going to enjoy the freedom of the words you will be writing!

Be blessed and thank you once again for your articles and contribution.
Vision Magazine Team"

OK, guys. Help me here. Anything that you would like me to write about, in terms of 'gardens and kitchens'??? It is going to be published in the August 2008 issue of VISION on a two-page spread, word maximum 700.

Deadline: 12 June 2008

Vicki

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the first word association I made with the words gardens and kitchens is food! Food is so necessary to us, and we often use it as a social excuse to get together with family and friends. I don't know if this is a religious magazine, but it's interesting to think about all the food terms in the Bible, like the Bread of Life, the Water of Life, those kinds of terms. You'll do well on the writing assignment I'm sure.

Michelle

Vicki Fourie said...

Michelle,

Wow, I never thought of it that way! Thanks Michelle for your thoughtful words. When I think of "Kitchens And Gardens", I think of "kitchens" in terms of Mary & Martha, or the widow with the young son who only had a little oil left and a piece of bread. When I think "gardens" I think of Eve and how she was fooled into believing that she could be greater than God (through the serpent). All are worthy prospects to consider. Your suggestion is really good...thank you for taking the time to write it down and send it to me!