Friday, February 4, 2011

Miss Free State 2011 Official Letter of Withdrawal


4th February 2011

Dear Miss Free State Organizers, Judges and to Whom It May Concern

During my year as Miss Deaf South Africa in 2009/2010, I became involved with a a variety of charity organizations. Inbetween I also became a motivational speaker and realized that this was my true talent – that this is the direction that the Lord wants me to focus on.

In the beginning of this year, I listed all my priorities and I realized that my main focus for 2011 should be two things: writing & motivational speaking.
When I entered for Miss Free State 2011, I didn’t fully realize that the organization is fully set on raising money for charities. I thought that it would be a combination of different things (motivational speaking, public appearances, etc.). I now realize that it is not my goal this year to participate any further in this competition.

Please accept my withdrawal from the pageant. I truly hope that you will understand and realize that this was a personal decision, and in no way do I wish to affect the pageant negatively.

Thank you so much for the honour that I had of participating. I believe the best girl will be chosen to wear the Miss Free State 2011 crown and make South Africa proud during her year of reign.

Thank you.

Blessings,
Vicki Fourie

No comments: