Monday, April 18, 2011

Cleo (May 2011): 'I Won Miss Deaf SA'


Grab the new puuuurple issue of Cleo S.A. with Katy Perry on the cover. Read my interview 'I Won Miss Deaf SA' - page 124!! Special thanks to Nikki Stevenson. Fantastic article!

Here's an excerpt on the article:

"...As a child, I never thought I was different, as people treated me equally. I always thought my hearing aids were just something that I had to put on to hear well, like reading glasses. In high school, my biggest challenge was large groups. Everyone would speak all at once, and when you have profound hearing loss, it’s difficult to follow what’s going on. And when someone makes a joke and everyone laughs but you because you didn’t get it – that’s when it hurts the most. You feel like an outcast..."

Vicki

No comments: