Friday, October 25, 2013

O, The Oprah Magazine: '8 Ways You Can Be Brave Today'

On page 123 in the Nov 2013 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine SA, I share the following:
8 WAYS YOU CAN BE BRAVE TODAY:

NR 7: CHOOSE TO BE BRAVE!

Vicki Fourie, 24, has 97% hearing loss but learned from an early age to make the best of it, and is now a sought after motivational speaker, actress and writer.

“I’ve always believed that courage isn’t a gift, it’s a decision. Every day when I wake up, I make a choice; it is my decision alone: Will I be positive? Negative? Brave? Afraid?

I cannot allow my circumstances -- what people say to me, what happens to me during the day -- to hold me back or influence me in such a way that I cannot achieve my goals. My destiny is waiting for me, and I will be bold. I choose to be bold.”

1 comment:

Undisguised said...

Amazing and inspiring words!!